LawMan introduces himself...

Former Lawyer in Private Practice. Holder of degrees in Law and Economics. Now teaching Law and Economics somewhere.

LawMan's Dogs

LawMan's Dogs
Killer Beasts Doing Breakfast

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Killing Time on my Time Off

For the first time in a very long time, I am actually on leave without too much having to worry about what is going on in the office. Ahhh, the joys of a career change.. not a moment too soon, and if I'd known it was going to be this enjoyable I might have jumped sooner!

One week off and then it's a slow return to work - not because I don't want to work, but because the work will be slow once I get back to it. Students won't be back; they'll still be on inter-semester holidays, those who are not working on IAP or ITP that is. Will have to start organising my second round of ITP visits.. drop in on the students, see if they're being used or abused ;-))

Managed to clear all my stuff from the old BI house into large, solid plastic boxes with lids - including wedding speeches and a wedding MC's agenda from 2000 (A&K), many many cards (brought back memories - especially cards from people with whom I have lost touch - maybe it's time to renew old ties!) - and an entire box of 5.25 inch floppy disks! Man, where am I going to get a PC old enough to read them? Just to see what's on them! The labels seem to indicate nothing important but one never knows...

Downloaded the Ratatouille (aha! guess how it's pronounced) teaser to my Palm TX; this should be a good one when it finally hits the cinema screens.

Yikes, got to run. Fogging operations require an urgent window- and door-closure exercise...

No comments: